Tiptoe Into Asia

My photo
The Asian Club up at Utah State University! Our meetings are on Wednesdays at 2:30pm Located at the TSC 3rd Floor. Most common question: Do you have to be Asian? Answer: No, not at all. Everyone is welcome to join! -If you would like update emails on meetings and events, message your email.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

AASC Meeting (3/7) Haiku

At the meeting today (3/7) we learned about the Japanese poetry called Haiku. We watched a fun video from Avatar the last airbender about Haiku (which is in the link below). Then wrote some ourselves, which is posted on here as well. It was really fun for those who were there but if you couldn't come don'te worry. We have plenty more fun activities planned for our meeting for the rest of this semester.

http://www.myspace.com/video/x/sokka-39-s-haiku-battle/29150583

Traditional haiku consist of 17 on (also known as morae), in three phrases of 5, 7 and 5 on respectively.[4] Any one of the three phrases may end with the kireji.[5] Although haiku are often stated to have 17 syllables,[6] this is incorrect as syllables and on are not the same.

David’s Haiku
Green leaves in the wind
Twirling, dancing gracefully
It’s sad when they fall.

Dreams are illusions
More enjoyable than life
Separate from the truth.

Tyler’s Haiku
I am so tired
I am so tired indeed
I need to find bed

Kenrik’s Haiku
Avatar is pimp
Momo is my favorite
Zuko is bad-A

Birds fly high in sky
Fish swim in the deep abyss
I love scrumptious food

Jessica’s Haiku
I eat all good food
Cottage cheese is not real good
I don’t eat that food

Kyle’s Haiku
Avatar is cool
But Dragon Ball is better
Ka Ma Ha Ma Haaa!

Lindsey’s Haiku
I dislike haiku’s
They are very difficult
I am still hungry

M. Night Shamalan
Can’t make a movie about
Avatar. Fo’real

Megan’s Haiku
I am a student.
Utah State is the best school.
We are the Aggies.

David vs. Lindsey Haiku battle!
Lindsey:
David is a sap
His poetry is way bad
He needs to go home

David:
Lindsey is a Jerk
She is soulless and real mean
Go jump off a cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment